Virat Kohli Height, Age, Wiki, Bio, Married, Wife, Net Worth, Facts
Who is Virat Kohli?
Virat Kohli is a famous Indian cricketer best known for his daring and aggressive play. The right-handed batsman currently captains the Indian national team with highest winning average. Kohli is placed among the list of highest paid cricketers and the most marketable athlete in the world. This exclusive post provides all details about Virat Kohli, including his biography, childhood, career, height, weight, measurements, girlfriend, family, net worth, cars and fun facts.
Kohli was born on 5 November 1988 in Delhi into a Punjabi family.
He is currently 30 years old.
Virat attended Vishal Bharti Public Schoolin Delhi. At the age of 9, he joined the West Delhi Cricket Academy in Delhi and then enrolled at Savier Convent School in Delhi where he excelled at academics and sport.
- Father – Prem Kohli (Lawyer)
- Mother – Saroj Kohli
- Siblings – Vikash Kohli (Elder Brother), Bhavna (Elder Sister)
Virat began dating actress Anushka Sharma in 2013 after they first met in a TV commercial shoot. The couple has been in relationship for more than 4 years and they married on 11 December 2017 in a private ceremony in Florence, Italy. His personal life has been subject to tremendous media attention after his likes of Anushka.
Virat Kohli date the following –
- Sarah-Jane Dias – Virat was rumored to be dating actress Sarah-Jane Dias.
- Sanjana – Rumor
- Tamannaah Bhatia – Again, he was rumored to be dating actress Tamannaah Bhatia.
- Izabelle Leite – Kohli has dated Brazilian model Izabelle Leite in the past.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 69 kg
- In Pounds – 152 lbs
- Measurements – 42-15-32
- Chest – 42 inches
- Biceps – 15 inches
- Waist – 31 inches
Virat Kohli may wear a shoe size 10 (US).
Virat made his One Day International debut on August 18, 2008, playing against Sri Lanka at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium. He made 12 runs out of 22 balls playing in the second.
In 2011, he played his first test match against West Indies at Sabina Park from June 20 to June 23. He scored 4 runs out of 10 balls in the match.
On June 12, 2010, Virat Kohli played his first international T20 against Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club. His knock, 26 runs out of 21 balls, in the match helped India to win the match by 6 wickets.
Virat Kohli made his IPL debut for Royal Challengers Bangalore playing against Kolkata Knight Riders on April 18, 2008. He was able to score only 1 run playing at last with his team losing in the match.
Right arm medium
Batsman (and part time bowler)
18 (All forms of cricket)
- Cover Drive
- Flick Shot
- Indian cricket team
- Royal Challenges Bangalore (IPL)
Virat is the most valuable celebrity endorser in sports. He has had affiliated a number of brands and products, including but not limited to, 3C Company, Adidas, Boost, PepsiCo, Nike, TVS Motors, Fastrack, Royal Challenge (from United Spirits), Fair and Lovely, Herbalife, Flying Machine, Red Chief Shoes, Toyota Motors, Celkon Mobiles, Cinthol, Munch, and Sangam Suitings.
Being a celebrity cricketer, he lives a luxury life, who owns different-styled houses in all major Indian cities. Virat, however, prefers to stay at his luxurious houses in Mumbai and Delhi. He has recently bought a luxury pad worth Rs 34 crore in Worli, Mumbai. This 7,171 square feet flat sits on the 34 the floor of Tower C that offers breathtaking sea view and boats all amenities that one could imagine.
Kohli is a huge fan of cars, His favorite car brand is Audi and has five of them. He owns a couple Audi R8s – one R8 LMX Limited Edition, powered by a 5.2-litre V10 engine, but is tuned to produce 570 bhp along with 540 Nm and a yellow R8 V10 which is powered by the same engine but generates 517 hp for 530 Nm. He also owns Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Audi S6, Audi Q7 4.2 TDI, Toyota Fortuner and Renault Duster.
Virat Kohli Net worth
He has amassed immense net worth within the span of few years. His net worth is estimated to be $60 million dollars that includes his valuable assets and luxury car collections. His annual earnings has increased to a staggering $19 million dollars last year. Kohli is amongst the top paid sportsperson in the country as well as the highest paid cricketer of IPL. His source of earnings are cricket, endorsement deals, advertisements, and personal investments.
We have listed out some of his records / achievements in cricket.
- He was the first Indian to score a century in the World Cup debut (2011).
- He is third Indian after Sachin Tendulakr and Suresh Raina to knock 2 ODI centuries before turning 22.
- He is the first Indian to reach 7500 runs and 25 centuries in ODI.
- First Indian skipper to have 5 straight test series wins and 9 test wins in a calendar year.
- First IPL player to knock 4 tons in a season and to reach the highest score of 973 runs in the nineth season.
Virat Kohli Favorites
- Favorite Cricketers – Sachin Tendulakr, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Shane Warne
- Favorite Restaurants – Megu at the Leela (Delhi), TK’s at the Hyatt (Delhi), Khan Chacha’s rolls (Delhi), Royal China (Mumbai), Shiro (Mumbai), Brick Lane (Bangalore)
- Favorite Food – Slamon, Suchi, Lamb chops
- Favorite Actors – Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.
- Favorite Actress – Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Penelope Cruz
- Favorite Adventure Sport – Rafting
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Barcelona, Paris
- Favorite Movie – Rocky 4, Border, 3 Idiots, Southpaw, The Warriors
- Favorite TV programs – Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad
- Favorite Rapper – Eminem
- Favorite Book – Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
Virat Kohli Facts
He was awarded with the ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012 and the BCCI’s international cricketer of the year for the 2011–12 and 2014–15 seasons.
Virat Kohli is the recipient of Indian government’s Arjuna Awards (2013) and Padma Shri (2017), the fourth highest civilian award.
Apart from cricket, he loves to play video games and soccer.
Alongside his cricket career, Kohli co-owns FC Goa in the ISL, the IPTL franchise UAE Royals and the PWL team Bengaluru Yodhas.
While playing for Delhi team, Virat made 90 runs in Ranji Trophy match against Karnataka on the day of his father’s death.
He has 4 tattoos inked on his body, one being on his upper right arm showing his own Zodiac Sign Scorpio, the second being a little lower on the same arm. His favourite is the tattoo of a Japanese Samurai warrior with a raised sword.
Chris Gayle and AB de Villers are his favorite buddies in the IPL dressing room.
This world famous cricket player is afraid of heights.
In 2013, he formed a charity foundation called Virat Kohli Foundation that aims at helping underprivileged kids and conducts events to raise funds for the charity.
UK-based magazine SportsPro named Kohli as the second most marketable athlete in the world in 2014 behind only Lewis Hamilton.
In 2016, Virat Kohli was named Wisden Leading Cricketer in the .
In 2016, Kohli’s brand value was estimated to be US$92 million, after the likes of Bollywood Actor Shah Rukh Khan.
Virak Kohli has about 17 lucrative endorsement deals with reputable brands as of September 2017.