Shah Rukh Khan Net Worth, Bio, Height, Wiki, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Facts
Shah Rukh Khan is one of the most popular actors in the Indian film industry. He is often called as “Badshah of Bollywood”, “King of Bollywood”, “King Khan” by his fans, who has starred in more than 80 films and won over a dozen Filmfare Awards and other numerous accolades. SRK is one of the most successful actors in the world in terms of fan base and earnings and the richest star in India.
King Khan, SRK, The Badshah of Bollywood, Shahrukh, The King of Bollywood, King of Romance
Actor, Producer, Television Presenter
SRK was born on November 2, 1965, at Talwar Nursing Home in New Delhi, India. He is currently 53 years old.
Shah Rukh Khan went to St. Columba’s School in central Delhi where he received school’s highest honor, the Sword of Honor for his outstanding performance in both studies and sports. At the tender age, he began acting in school plays and got appreciation from teachers and friends for his imitation of Bollywood actors.
In 1985, he attended Hansraj College (affiliated to Delhi University) and graduated with bachelor’s degree in Economics in 1988. Around that time, he spent most of his time at Delhi’s Theatre Action Group (TAG), where he studied acting under the mentorship of theatre director Barry John.
He was enrolled at Jamia Millia Islamia to earn his master’s degree in Mass Communications but dropped out to further his career in acting. He learned acting and drama from National School of Drama in Delhi.
- Father – Late Taj Mohammad Khan (Businessman)
- Mother – Late Lateef Fatima (Magistrate, Social Worker)
- Siblings – Shahnaz Lalarukh (Older Sister)
- Relatives – Ifthikar Ahmed (Maternal Grandfather), Jan Muhammad (Paternal Grandfather)
SRK is married to Gauri Chibber (now Gauri Khan) on October 25, 1991. They have three children – son Aryan (b. 1997), daughter Suhana (b. 2000) and son AbRam (b. 2013 through a surrogate mother).
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 44-14.5-32
- Chest – 44 inches
- Biceps – 14.5 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
9 (US) / 8.5 (UK)
As an actor, SRK first appeared in 1992 Hindi film Deewana for which he earned the Filmfare Award for Best male Debut.
As a producer, he first produced the 2000 Hindi film Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani and also acted in the film.
Before entering into mainstream cinema, he acted in television shows. The fame and popularity eventually pushed him to do films. He first featured in the 1922 TV show Dil Dariya. However, his role in 1988 TV show Fauji gained him positive reviews and acclaim.
Shah Rukh Khan has endorsed a number of brands and products since his inception into the entertainment industry, including PepsiCo, Royal Stag (2012), Asian Paints, V-John Shaving Cream, Linc Pen, Nokia, Emami, Hyundai, Dish TV and more.
- He topped Forbes’ list of “Celebrity 100” thrice in 2012, 2013 and 2015.
- SRK has consistently featured among the top ten on The Times of India’s list of the 50 most desirable men in India.
- Easter Eye named him the Sexiest Man in Asia in 2007.
- In 2007, his wax statue was installed at the ‘Madame Tussauds’ museum, London, which made him the third Indian actor to earn a spot at this prestigious place
- In 2011, he received UNESCO’s Pyramide con Marni award for his charitable commitment to provide education for children, becoming the first Indian to win the accolade.
- In 2014, Khan became the ambassador for Interpol’s campaign “Turn Back Crime”.
- In 2015, Khan received a privileged degree from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- In 2002, he won the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence’ in the ‘Field of Entertainment’.
- He was bestowed with the ‘Padma Shri’ award in the year 2005, by the Indian Government. This ranks fourth among the highest civilian awards in India.
- In 2011, the ‘UNESCO’ recognized his philanthropic work and awarded him with the ‘Pyramide con Marni’ award.
Shah Rukh Khan Net worth
Being the most popular celebrity and the second richest celebrity in the entertainment industry and the wealthiest celebrity in India. Shah Rukh Khan has amassed a net worth of $600 million. He is one of the highest paid actors on the planet. His earning comes from movies, brand endorsements, television appearances, business endeavors, and production company, Red Chillies Entertainment. The King Khan is also the proud owner of IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders.
Cars & Bikes
Shah Rukh Khan is a big fan of exotic cars. He has an extensive collection of ultra-luxurious cars including a Bentley Continental GT, a Audi A6, BMW 7 Series (760 Li and 740 LI), a BMW 6 Series Convertible, a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe, a Bugatti Veyron, a Mitsubishi Pajero SFX, and a BMW i8.
The Badshah of Bollywood is well known for his luxurious life, and of course, his houses were designed to exhibit his king like lifestyle. His grand Mannat is one of the most beautiful and exquisite houses in India that is located in the posh area of Bandra, Mumbai. This 26,328 square feet lavish mansion comprises seven floors that feature several bedrooms and its respective bathrooms, spacious living area, and every decor inside the room from curtains to furniture are handpicked by his wife.
Shah Rukh Khan is the biggest star of Bollywood who often visit Dubai which is his favorite holiday destination. He owns a luxurious pad on The Palm Jumeirah that comes with six bedrooms and two automated car garage.
Shah Rukh Khan Favorites
- Favorite Food – Chicken and Oranges
- Favorite TV Shows – Krishi Darshan (aired on Doordarshan), Discovery Channel programs, Narcos (American TV series)
- Favorite Drink – Soft Drinks mainly Pepsi
- Favorite Band – Black Eyed Peas
- Favorite Restaurants – China White in Mumbai, Japanese Restaurant Nobu in London, Buddha Bar in New York, Kittichai in Soho
- Favorite Movie – Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1993)
- Favorite Book – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (By Douglas Adams)
- Favorite Actor – Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Sports – Cricket, Tennis
- Favorite Color – Black
Social Media Portfolio
Shah Rukh Kahn has a strong online presence with millions of fans following on different social media platforms.
Shah Rukh Khan Facts
Today, Shah Rukh Khan is one among the richest celebrities in the world, but he was below $1 dollar for working as a guide at Pankaj Udhas concert in Delhi. Upon receiving the money, without thinking, he visited Taj Mahal.
SRK ran a restaurant before earning him a place in entertainment.
He was brought into movies by his friend Vivek Vaswani and Hema Malini.
SRK has four dogs, named Dash, Hulk, Kai, and Juicy.
He is scared of riding horses.
He is an amateur who had played at the national level and served as a caption for his cricket, hockey and football teams.
Shahrukh Khan launched Deepika Padukone’s career in Bollywood through the 2007 movie “Om Shanti Om”.
He is a big fan of Manchester United Football Club.
SRK received the honorary doctorate from Princess Anne at the Edinburgh University. In his speech, Shahrukh said: ” Remember, however many times you go wrong, however many times you fall… in the words of Bob Marley ‘Everything’s gonna be alright.”
Shah Rukh Khan once sold tickets for his own film in one of the theatres’ booking ticket counter in Mumbai.
He was given the birth name as Shahrukh which means “Face of the King”. But, he prefers to write his name as Shah Rukh Khan.