Who is Keanu Reeves?
Keanu Reeves is a famous Canadian actor and filmmaker who has a handful of blockbuster movies to his name such as Speed, The Matrix film franchise, John Wick film series, 47 Ronin, The Devil’s Advocate, and Constantine., to name a few. Besides his successful acting career, he is also a musician and played bass guitar for the bands Dogstar and Becky. He made his directorial debut with the martial arts movie Man of Tai Chi in 2013.
Keanu Reeves was born on the 2nd of September 1964, in Beirut, Lebanon. He’s currently 54 years old.
|Birth Name||Keanu Charles Reeves|
|Nickname||The Wall, The One|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1964|
|Place of Birth||Beirut, Lebanon|
|Age||54 years old|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Producer, Musician|
|Ethnicity||Chinese, English, Irish, Native Hawaiian, and Portuguese|
|Residence||Hollywood Hills, California, U.S.|
- Father – Samuel Nowlin Reeves, Jr. (Geologist)
- Mother – Patricia Taylor (Former Costume Designer and Performer)
- Siblings – Kim Reeves (Younger Sister), Karina Miller (Younger Maternal Half-Sister), Emma Reeves (Younger Paternal Half-Sister)
Keanu Reeves attended Etobicoke School of the Arts from where he was expelled due to behavioral problems. He then attended De La Salle College.
Later, he was accepted into the Avondale Secondary Alternative School, which allowed him to pursue an acting career while studying. He dropped out without earning a high school diploma.
Keanu Reeves Love Life
Keanu Reeves has been into several relationships over the course of his acting career. In 1986, he began dating actress Jill Schoelen, however, they broke up after three years in late 1989. He briefly dated screenwriter Sofia Coppola in 1991 and actress Sandra Bullock in 1993. He was in a relationship with British model Amanda De Cadenet in 1996.
In 1998, Reeves started dating actress Jennifer Syme, but they broke out several weeks later, when Syme gave birth to his stillborn daughter in 1999. In April 2001, she was killed in a car accident. It was the hardest part he had ever experienced with back-to-back tragedies. The devastated Reeves had said in one of his interviews ‘grief changes shape but it never ends’.
|Height||Feet – 6 feet 1¼ inches|
Centimeters – 186 cm
Meters – 1.86 m
|Weight||Kilograms – 84 kg|
Pounds – 185 lbs
|Distinctive Features||Intense contemplative gaze|
Deep husky voice
Keanu Reeves made his acting debut with the film One Step Away in 1985, in which he played Ron Petrie.
His first major acting role was as Matt in the 1986 drama film River’s Edge, which depicted how a murder affected a group of teens. The film was a commercial success, and after this, he started to receive sizeable roles in movies.
In 1984, Reeves had his first television appearance in a Canadian drama and comedy sitcom, Hangin’ In, in an episode titled “Happiness is a Warm Grover episode.”
Keanu had played several significant roles throughout his acting career. Some of his remarkable work includes his roles in Bill and Ted franchise, The Devil’s Advocate, Speed, Point Break, John Wick franchise, The Matrix film series, Constantine, 47 Ronin, and others.
He has done endorsement work for Coco Cola, Kellogg;s Corn Flakes and Suntory Reserve Whiskey.
Keanu Reeves Favorite Things
- Favorite Movies – Stroszek (1977), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Apocalypse Now (1979), Taxi Driver (1976), Enter the Dragon (1973), Fist of Legend (1994), Tai Chi Master (1993)
- Favorite Filmmakers – Stanley Kubrick, David Lean, Frank Capra, and Martin Scorsese
- Favorite Breakfast – Oatmeal with honey, frosted flakes with cold milk, plain chocolate with a cappuccino, toast with apricot jam, or bacon with sliced banana with maple syrup
- Favorite Childhood Books – “Count of Monte Christo” by Alexander Dumas, “The Lord of the Rings” by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Favorite Teenage Books – “The Idiot” by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, “Notes from Underground” by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, “The Brothers Karamazov” by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Favorite Adulthood Books – “In Search of Lost Time” by Marcel Proust, “Cosmopolis” by Don Delillo and “The Rabbit Series” by John Updike
- Favorite Beer – Pilsner or Guinness
Keanu Reeves Facts
His first name means “cool breeze over the mountains” in Hawaiian.
Reeves started his professional acting debut at a very young age, appearing in theatre productions. His first performance was in Damn Yankees.
At the age of 15 years old, he played Mercutio in a stage production of Romeo and Juliet at the Leah Posluns Theatre.
In 1995, People magazine picked him as one of the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
In 1997, the UK edition of the Empire magazine named him at 23rd position in the “Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time”.
In school, he excelled in sports over academics. He was MVP on his high school hockey team, where he was a goalie.
Reeves played ice hockey for the California Senior Hockey League in 1995.
He speaks French fluently.
Reeves got trained in martial arts for several months and learned over 200 martial arts moves for The Matrix film series.
He received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on January 31, 2005.
In 2007, he was ranked #28 on Empire magazine’s “100 Sexiest Stars in film history”.
He turned down the offer to reprise his lead role in Speed 2: Cruise Control, despite being offered $11 million paychecks. It was his largest to date and he declined the offer in favor of touring with his band and playing the title role in a 1995 Manitoba Theatre Centre production of Hamlet in Winnipeg, Manitoba.